Wednesday, September 29, 2010

The Dancing Imam Who Listens to Raihan - Viva Palestina 5 Convoy

Salam and hi dear all,

Recently, in one of my text messages to Zabrina, I told her that our vehicle was overheated and had a breakdown. So, we left it at the sports complex where we stayed for the night.

We then were asked to join in the vehicle driven by a group of Pakistani brothers from Bristol, UK...

And my, my... what a pleasant and sweet surprise me and Azra had when riding the van. We suddenly heard a very familiar voice and an even more familiar song.

And what are these brothers playing?

The infamous Nasheed group from Malaysia- Raihan! Yoohoo!

Feel so proud at that moment... and a little bit homesick... a little bit only....

Bravo Raihan!

When I told Zabrina about it, she said that I should snappy snap some pictures of the UK brothers who can sing Malaysian nasheed songs.

So, Zab, this is because of you. But I got only one.... and like they say, better one than none, right? :))

Nasir Birmingham.... the dancing imam who listens and sings Raihan...
(Posted by Zabrina (for Azura) who wonders if Azura knows the Raihan lyrics as good as the Bristol brothers)










No comments:

Post a Comment